ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - TRAVEL required
at UNITED NATIONS WORLD FOOD PROGRAM in Dubai
UNITED NATIONS – World Food Programme (Dubai, UAE)
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) office in Dubai, UAE is seeking qualified candidates to fill the following vacancy:
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – TRAVEL
The incumbent shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
• Make travel arrangements for all staff including the preparation of Travel Authorization, calculation of travel entitlements and other travel expenses, make reservations for tickets, ensure that tickets are collected and given to the passenger in good time, and that all travel is in accordance with the WFP travel guidance;
• Review all travel claims submitted by staff, verify the claim for reimbursement;
• Brief / debrief staff members on issues relating to a variety of administrative areas e.g. visas, security, documentation procedures and practices, administrative procedures, etc.;
• Provide assistance in arranging for meetings and workshops including advising staff on suitable locations for the meetings, making preliminary bookings, liaising with the hotels and providing any administrative assistance required for the meetings
• Maintain a database of travel actions and costs for the different trips undertaken to assist finance in budgeting for travel;
• Perform other related duties as required
• Education: Completion of high secondary school education, a Diploma in Travel Management / IATA is preferable.
• Experience: 2-3 years of progressively responsible administrative experience including at least one year in a travel related field.
• Knowledge: Proficiency in Windows (MS Word, Excel) and experience in some online booking systems, preferably GALILEO reservation system. General knowledge of UN system administrative policies.
• Language: Working knowledge of English language. Arabic language is an added advantage.
• Other Desirable Skills: Customer-focused; good communicator; ability to meet deadlines and maintain the quality of work; ability to extract, interpret, and format data; ability to work with minimum supervision; to work effectively with people of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds.
• Entry on Duty: Immediately
The United Nations World Food Programme is an equal opportunity employer. UAE nationals are encouraged to apply. The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest Humanitarian Organization: each year, we give food to an average of 90 million poor people to meet their nutritional needs, including 58 million hungry children, in at least 80 of the world’s poorest countries. The WFP Office in Dubai provides support to all WFP operations in terms of ICT, Procurement and Logistics. *Applications including an updated CV and contact details / email address should be sent to:
The HR Unit
World Food Programme
P.O. Box 506003, Dubai, U.A.E.
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline date is: 30.08.08*.